Thursday, December 4, 2014

DIY Stress Away Bath Salts

Do you take enough time for yourself?
Most likely not. I mean, we are all in the same boat, busy women trying to do everything perfect as a mom and wife and that doesn't leave much time for us at the end of the day... or week... or year unfortunately. It is so important to rejuvenate ourselves, though, so we can actually be our best for our precious families and that includes alone time (can we say going to the bathroom alone?), quiet time and time to reflect and grow. This may include going to the spa or a mani/pedi for some but for someone on a budget like me, a detoxifying bath with a book I haven't picked up in months will refill my tank. Baths have always been relaxing for me so I know I should place more importance on them and if I've already carved out the time for a bath why not add some detoxifying and therapeutic properties? Do you like where I'm going here? I sure do. :) If we can make a SUPER simple detox bath salt recipe with so many benefits why not?



This recipe takes about 30 seconds to make! You just mix epsom salts, coconut oil and essential oils. When I was pregnant with my second child and having early contractions I learned that MOST of the population is significantly magnesium deficient and epsom salt contains magnesium so while soaking in the bath you can gently increase your magnesium levels. (GO EASY when increasing your levels! You may experience some GI stress if you increase too quickly - don't ask me how I know ;) ) So this recipe is PERFECT! I chose to add Stress Away because it has been amazingly calming for my family. Whenever I am feeling stressed or pressured this oil melts those feelings and leaves me calm. It is a relaxing blend of Copaiba, Lime, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Ocotea and Lavender - which also promotes healthy sleep so it's an ideal addition to an evening bath.

Here's what you'll need: (yields approximately 4 baths)

~ Mixing Bowl and Spoon
~ 2 cups of Epsom Salts
~ 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
~ 12 drops of Stress Away Essential Oil (an amazing, calming blend from Young Living)
~ Small jars (baby food jars work well in a pinch)

Here's all you do:

In a medium mixing bowl combine epsom salt and coconut oil then add the Stress Away essential oil and mix together until the coconut oil is well incorporated. Place in jars, keep some for yourself and give some to friends - they'll love you forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment