Friday, October 24, 2014

The Oil Cleansing Method - Done RIGHT!

So, anyone who talks to me on a regular basis knows that I'm pretty obsessed with coconut oil. I use it for pretty. much. EVERYTHING! I use it in my hair as a mask, on my skin as a lotion, on my babies, husband, in my deodorant - everything... Until now.



For the last few years I have used the Oil Cleansing Method to wash my face with, you guessed it, coconut oil. (Don't know what OCM is? Check out this post) While I was happy with how well it took makeup off, how soft my skin was and the smell, oh I LOVE how coconut oil smells!,  I started to notice that my pores were growing larger - GROSS - who wants that?!? So I had awesome-smelling, clean skin but the pores of a 90-year-old man. I just thought it was genetic or something and kept on my merry (large pored) way. UNTIL my friend Carlea told me that some oils (coconut, Nooooo!) are comedogenic and may clog your pores over time. UH, ya think?! So that night, after doing some research, I popped out my non-comedogenic jojoba oil. I chose it over sweet almond oil because I don't have naturally oily skin and I had some success with using it in my face serum in the past several months.  (See why I'm called Oily Allie ;)) So I "washed" my face with the jojoba oil and used a mildly hot washcloth to wipe my face clean after rubbing the oil in and VOILA!
I kid you not, I saw my pores shrink to nearly half their size within a few nights! I've been happily using a few drops of jojoba oil (almost) every night since and the results are incredible. I SO wish I had before and after photos because I could totally be a sales rep for jojoba oil at this point ;)

I usually add a drop or two of Young Living Essential Oils for added benefits - Frankincense or Melaleuca for anti-wrinkle/scar repair/pore shrinking! and or Lavender for relaxation and healing.
(learn more about therapeutic grade essential oils)

Does anyone know if it's bad to have pores clogged or if it's just unsightly?? I still use coconut oil for many other things but I don't want clogged pores all over! I haven't noticed them anywhere else so maybe it's just because our faces are naturally oily so they get clogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment